The Verde River Ecosystem: Are Growth and Conservation Mutually Exclusive?
The 22nd Annual Meeting of the Arizona Riparian Council was held April 11-12, 2008 at the Hassayampa Inn in Prescott. The morning plenary session included
- An introduction to the area and issues
- The environmental values and threats
- Salt River Project and legal perspectives
- Community perspectives
- Synthesis and vision for the future
- Question and answer session
This was followed by a technical session in the afternoon of submitted presentations. Our field trip on Saturday was to the headwater springs of the Verde River.