SAVE THE DATES! Novemeber 9-10, 2019
- Visit an ancient cienega with megafaunal remains, and learn how groundwater recharge has restored spring flow.
- See the rare Huachuca water-umbel and hear about San Pedro water quality.
- Visit a modern cienega with one of the experts on San Pedro River flora.
- Learn about the beaver re-introduction on the San Pedro.
- Bird and camp along one of the most beautiful and interesting private properties along the river, Gray Hawk Ranch.
A non-camping option is available next door at Lazy Dog Ranch. The field trip is not for your dog, but the Lazy Dog Ranch welcomes dogs of any size on its two-and-a-half enclosed acres. So plan your getaway!
Confirmed experts include:
- Lisa Haynes, University of Arizona wild cat researcher
- Vance Haynes, geoarcheologist of Murray Springs and other sites
- Liz Makings, Curator, ASU Herbarium and author of San Pedro River flora
- Marcia Radke, Wildlife Biologist, U. S. Bureau of Land Management
- Jayne Knoche, Volunteer, Sierra Club Water Sentinels Program
- Sandy Anderson, wildlife educator and our host at Gray Hawk Ranch
Watch for more details and registration! Registration is required.